The Golden River (In-character, please!)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Golden River (In-character, please!)

Post  animorpherv1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:05 pm

Lord Gurgi wrote:"When you've been around as long as I have, you learn things. Regardless, I'm just drifting, this place has potential to be something quite unique, and I can't pass up on such an opportunity. I must say, treant, you are older than I might have expected, but I must say that it has been long since I came into this world, and it will be long yet until my time on this earth has passed."

"Yes, that makes sense" I said. "Unfortunatley, this is all I can afford right now, so untill I get a job that pays, I'm stuck sleeping in the Tavern, it's not much, but thanks to the owner of it, I can get some food and such, but not much, I must say, she's a delightful person to work for".
animorpherv1
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:06 pm

[OOC- You just divined by past by burning and inhaling one of my leaves? Nice touch.
Also, I just checked your age and compared it to d20srd.com and I wonder if perhaps you've overstated your age a little. Great wyms are about 1200 years and older, but I think 24 000 is a little in excess!]

Last edited by Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:08 pm

Allen searched his pockets and responded. "My apologies treant. I have nothing to give to you currently."

The strange man suddenly left and Allen watched him as he went. What a strange fellow.
Pentadragon
Activist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Gurgi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:10 pm

[OOC - Thanks.]

「やれやれ、おもしろいだろう。」

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:11 pm

I walk back inside, and grab another drink.
animorpherv1
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Gurgi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:15 pm

Cybele wrote:[OOC- You just divined by past by burning and inhaling one of my leaves? Nice touch.
Also, I just checked your age and compared it to d20srd.com and I wonder if perhaps you've overstated your age a little. Great wyms are about 1200 years and older, but I think 24 000 is a little in excess!]
[OOC - All things are revealed in good time.]

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:19 pm

Allen wondered to himself why animorpherv appeared to be following the strange man. He chuckled and turned toward the treant.

"May I ask you your name?" said Allen as he examined the leaves.
Pentadragon
Activist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:21 pm

I walk around, and put on some music, enticing others to come inside.
animorpherv1
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:27 pm

"Hmmmm... I offer my name only in fair trade. One for one. I am Cyb of the Goldenbough copse in far west Hymoria. These woods that you see around us is mine, each planted by hand. The Goldenbough copse has a tradition of spreading far, of extending its legacy to the farther reaches of the continent. This is the fruits of my endeavor. Now, good sir, what is your story?"
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:28 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:I walk around, and put on some music, enticing others to come inside.
[OOC- Dog-man playing a lute? This I have got to see. Razz]
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:37 pm

[OOC- lute?]
animorpherv1
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:39 pm

Cybele wrote:"Hmmmm... I offer my name only in fair trade. One for one. I am Cyb of the Goldenbough copse in far west Hymoria. These woods that you see around us is mine, each planted by hand. The Goldenbough copse has a tradition of spreading far, of extending its legacy to the farther reaches of the continent. This is the fruits of my endeavor. Now, good sir, what is your story?"

Allen smiled, "I am Allen Poe, son of Elizabeth and William Poe. I know not how to return to my family as I wound up in this place accidentally. I wanted to leave my home for..." he stopped for a moment, "...adventure. I said goodbye to my mother and left the home of my parents to set off into lands unknown. After a dreadful storm I lost both my belongings and my sense of direction. It is a miracle I found this place.

{OOC: I have no idea what I am doing. I am making this up as I go}

Last edited by Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pentadragon
Activist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:40 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:[OOC- lute?]
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:46 pm

"Harrumph!" Cyb grumbled, for it was what Cyb grumbled when he became upset. After some time of intense, rumbling thought, with many of his leaves fluttering to the ground he came to a conclusion: "Well! Allen of the Poe copse, we shall see what the forest knows of your home, travels and displacement. Many friends have many ears, and many ears hear much. We shall see how to get you back on course, don't you worry."
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:48 pm

Cybele wrote:"Harrumph!" Cyb grumbled, for it was what Cyb grumbled when he became upset. After some time of intense, rumbling thought, with many of his leaves fluttering to the ground he came to a conclusion: "Well! Allen of the Poe copse, we shall see what the forest knows of your home, travels and displacement. Many friends have many ears, and many ears hear much. We shall see how to get you back on course, don't you worry."

I hear the noise and walk over.

"Of course, that's if he wants to go, Nomia will become a big city, evntually, This city has potential, we just need to extract it".
animorpherv1
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:50 pm

"Eventually, eventually." Cyb showed his doubt quite visibly. In his long years, he came to understand the passage of time. He simply couldn't see the young dog's predictions coming to fruition in Allen's short lifespan.
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:53 pm

Cybele wrote:"Harrumph!" Cyb grumbled, for it was what Cyb grumbled when he became upset. After some time of intense, rumbling thought, with many of his leaves fluttering to the ground he came to a conclusion: "Well! Allen of the Poe copse, we shall see what the forest knows of your home, travels and displacement. Many friends have many ears, and many ears hear much. We shall see how to get you back on course, don't you worry."

"Why thank you Cyb of the Goldenbough copse. I am pleased that you want to place me back on course. I thank you profusely." Poe said.

He smiled slightly and wished he had water to offer the treant. What an interesting fellow.

He turned to see animorpherv had returned. His confusion increased. Why hadn't he heard him coming? Still, Allen nodded slightly and smiled.

"Yes. I might not leave. I don't expect the city-state to grow to much in my life though." he laughed. "I do miss my mother and brother though. I do wish they were here. I love them dearly."
Pentadragon
Activist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:54 pm

Cybele wrote:"Eventually, eventually." Cyb showed his doubt quite visibly. In his long years, he came to understand the passage of time. He simply couldn't see the young dog's predictions coming to fruition in Allen's short lifespan.

"Eventually will come sooner than you think, treant" I say "Why, if things start going along soon, Nomia should be a bright place in a matter of months!" I say, and with that, go to the back, grab something to eat.
animorpherv1
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Gurgi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:05 pm

"All that matters is that one arrives at the destination, not the time that it takes." He then rearranged himself and went to sleep with his feet on the table.

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:13 pm

"What a glorious announcement from one who has waited so long for his final destination." Cyb chuckled, perhaps a bit wistfully, as the old tree was aging less gracefully than the dragon had, and will. His limbs moved more slowly than they once had, groaning against the effort. Cyb's eyelids grew heavy, and the old oak fell to slumber then, just as the sun tucked itself under the horizon. "Horizon..." he muttered, remembering the riddle that had invited his new friends. He snored as trees snore, like the wind passing through many old branches, and dreamed delightful dreams of life as a sapling.
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:14 pm

[OOc- and with that, I bid you goodnight!]
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:25 pm

I wake up. Seeing as how I sleep here, no commute needed Very Happy
animorpherv1
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xelada on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:37 pm

I enter the bar and ask the bartender: "do you have anything as cold as ice, light as a breeze, as dry as a flame or strong as the earth?"
xelada
Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:40 pm

xelada wrote:I enter the bar and ask the bartender: "do you have anything as cold as ice, light as a breeze, as dry as a flame or strong as the earth?"

[OOC- The bartender is an NPC]
animorpherv1
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:29 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:
xelada wrote:I enter the bar and ask the bartender: "do you have anything as cold as ice, light as a breeze, as dry as a flame or strong as the earth?"

[OOC- The bartender is an NPC]
"Hurr Hurr..." The bartender chuckles at the idea. We have two things: mead and water!" and with that boisterous announcement, he roars with laughter, shaking and rolling along the counter.
Then, almost without you noticing, he pulls up a bottle of dwarven holy water. "This is the best we got. Saint Glabberston, 1023. Normally it'd cost you quite the pretty penny, but I've got orders that the first glass is on the house." He hands it over, respectful of its value.
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top