The Golden River (In-character, please!)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Golden River (In-character, please!)

Post  Mokina on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:00 pm

Mokina filled the final tankard and placed it neatly with the others on the rough wooden countertop. The tavern wasn't much too look at, but she'd get to that later.

She would retreat to the study later this evening and draw up a new map, of course. With the Golden River on it, labeled for the tourists. The council was always demanding new maps. Somewhat secretly, Mokina hoped they'd elect a new cartographer soon. On the other hand, she'd avoided the nomination committee at all costs. Wouldn't want to give them any ideas...

"First round's on the house," she told the barkeeper, "don't forget it. This is a grand opening we're looking at."

The money hadn't been too much of a burden, though the building's construction been heavily subsidized by the council. They were good for that, at least. Unfortunately, the Council President hadn't been showing up recently...
Mokina
Cartographer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Golden River (In-character, please!)

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:05 pm

Cyb Goldenbough rapped at the new plate window with one ungainly, gnarled fist. He was thirsty, but everyone knew treants never ventured indoors. Heck, it took him long enough to venture from his regular haunt outside of the village. He'd worked up quite the thirst, but without a good stream nearby, he'd accept well water.
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Gurgi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:10 pm

A young man strolled into the room. He was wearing a loose fitting suit, with a top hat. He tapped his cane on the ground once, announcing his entrance, even though the tavern was practically empty. "How... pleasant. I shall pass on any liquor, but I think I shall stay for a while. At least until something else piques my interest." He walked over to a table and sat down, putting his feet on the table.

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:12 pm

[OOC- Ah. I'd forgotten you dragons could shapeshift..]
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Gurgi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:17 pm

The young man sighed. "That rapping is becoming annoying." He walked over to the bar, took a bottle of water, and walked outside. He put it on the ground in front of the Treant. "Shall we play a game for the water?"

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:18 pm

Allan walked through the door of the door of the Golden River quietly. He was busy attempting to work out the mechanics of animorpherv1's birth. His stranger name fit his strange birth. He hadn't noticed the treant at the window while entering or the strange young man wearing a suit.

Allan sat on a stool and waited for the rest of the citizens to arrive. This event would be an excellent opportunity to meet everyone.
Pentadragon
Activist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:20 pm

Cyb groped slowly for the water, only to realize it wasn't being offered to him quite yet. He sighed, long and slow.
"Very well, dragon. Name your terms, so long as I get my drink in the end."

Last edited by Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:23 pm

Allan glanced out the window at the scene. He was quite curious about what was happening outside. He motioned for the one called Mokina.

"Pardon me, Mokina... is it not? Do you know who the beings outside are?"
Pentadragon
Activist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:28 pm

I'll get to you guys ASAP, but I need to actually be able to post!
animorpherv1
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Gurgi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:28 pm

"Answer this riddle: When you stop and look, you can always see me. If you try to touch you cannot feel me. I cannot move, but as you near me, I will move away from you. What am I?

If you can solve it, the water is yours."

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snix on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:28 pm

Lazurus walked into the bar, enjoying the feeling he got from seeing his efforts come to fruition

Good evening ladies and gents. How goes it today?

he strides up to the bar and orders a drink or two.
Snix
Housing Director

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:32 pm

Pentadragon wrote:Allan walked through the door of the door of the Golden River quietly. He was busy attempting to work out the mechanics of animorpherv1's birth. His stranger name fit his strange birth. He hadn't noticed the treant at the window while entering or the strange young man wearing a suit.

Allan sat on a stool and waited for the rest of the citizens to arrive. This event would be an excellent opportunity to meet everyone.

Having just standed their for a whole 5 minutes, animorpherv1 quickly went in the back before noticing Allan. He quickly grabbed a drink, and was ready to go. He then noticed Allan sitting down on a stool, and asked for his order. After the order was taken (Penta please post it!) he turned around and noticed two people talking outside, one obviously thirsty, so he decided that he would break up whatever was happening after he got Allan his order.
animorpherv1
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:32 pm

"Hmmm... That wouldn't be the horizon, would it? Certainly not your shadow... Harrrumph!" Cyb's wrinkled brow furrowed. He was familiar with things outside of his reach, as his arms stretched to the skies, yet could never grab the sun.

Last edited by Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:34 pm

Allan smiled softly. Despite the fact that he had only heard part of the riddle he already knew the answer. His mother had use to tell him it. His smile was replaced with a frown, he missed his mother dearly.

Suddenly, Allan looked up and noticed animorpherv1 standing near him. Odd, he had not heard him coming and Allan typically had good hearing. Allan eyed the half human, half dog figure with suspicion before looking back toward the window. Animporpherv was now rambling on about giving the teant some water. He hoped animorpherv did not, he wanted to see what would happen without his interferance.

Last edited by Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pentadragon
Activist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Gurgi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:36 pm

"My, my. You should be more confident, it is the horizon, after all." He handed the treant the water. "I will go get you more, excuse me." He walked back to the bar, taking more water, with total disregard for the barkeep, and took it back outside. He gave it to the treant. "Just how old are you, treant, and just how much do you know?"

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:41 pm

Pentadragon wrote:Allan smiled softly. Despite the fact that he had only heard part of the riddle he already knew the answer. His mother had use to tell him it. His smile was replaced with a frown, he missed his mother dearly.

Suddenly, Allan looked up and noticed animorpherv1 standing near him. Odd, he had not heard him coming and Allan typically had good hearing. Allan eyed the half human, half dog figure with suspicion before looking back toward the window. Animporpherv was now rambling on about giving the teant some water. He hoped animorpherv did not, he wanted to see what would happen without his interferance.

[OOC- I think my half-dogness is why you didn't hear me]

It looked like Allan did not want anything after all. He went to the back, and grabbed some water, by the time he got outside, apparently some riddle had been solved.

"My my"animorpherv1 said to some stranger hee didn't know the name of yet "You must be good with riddles, what's your name, anyways? I'm animorpherv1, the name suits me, I think"
animorpherv1
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Gurgi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:48 pm

"I am Professor T. Horse, PhD, at your service." He bowed low, taking off his hat as he did. He replaced his hat, and twirled his cane as he waited for the treant's response.

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:49 pm

Allan looked up and noticed Animorpherv1 leaving. Now, Allan was feeling rather guilty. He hadn't meant to be rude, he was just deeply engrossed in thought. His frown widened and he sighed.

Feeling rather uncomfortable being the only one at the bar, Allan stood from his place and walked stealthly toward the front door. He hoped he would be able to hear the conversation of the teant and of the strange man better without being noticed. He bumped into animorpherv1... gracefully.
Pentadragon
Activist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Gurgi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:51 pm

"Indeed. I must wonder why you are sneaking around in such a public place."

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:51 pm

Lord Gurgi wrote:"I am Professor T. Horse, PhD, at your service." He bowed low, taking off his hat as he did. He replaced his hat, and twirled his cane as he waited for the treant's response.

"You must be really smart then" I (my charachter) replied, "I never got to go to college, my family just couldn't afford it", so I ended up in the door to door sales buisness, but I scored this sweet job at the Tavern, so I moved here, it doesn't pay right now, but I really don't care, I like seeing the smiles on people's faces when they get there orders. What brought you here? Your smart, so you could have easily gone anywhere in the world".

Just then, I felt a small bump on the side, I turned around, and noticed it was Allan, the one at the bar, I just thought she got disorienteed for a while, and shruged it off, and turned back around.

Last edited by animorpherv1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
animorpherv1
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:53 pm

Lord Gurgi wrote:"Indeed. I must wonder why you are sneaking around in such a public place."

Allan brushed himself off and waited for animorpherv to finish speaking.

"Why not sneak around? There currently is nothing better to do here seeing as nearly no one is here." he responded as he scanned the man up and down.

"Might I ask your names?"

Last edited by Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pentadragon
Activist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:54 pm

Cyb gulped at the water jealously. Rivulets ran down his long, knotted trunk to dribble at his feet. He waited anxiously for his new friend.
As he returned, Cyb smiled widely. "Ahhh... I am older than this new town, in it's mere childhood, and older than the one that preceded it. I am older than the trees that make this forest, an younger than the one that preceded it. I am old enough to see the pass of a simpler time become easier, and yet harder. I am too old for some, and yet, I suspect younger than some of this valley's recent visitors..." He rambled a little, but in the end, his eyes betrayed his focus, setting themselves upon his new friend. "and I know enough to turn my once smooth skin to a dry, wrinkled bark," He quipped with a wink.

He noticed the barkeep had joined them, and greeted him like a king, having noticed what he carried on his tray.
"Well! I seem to have garnered more than my fair share of the good drink! The dragon's hoard of water, even." He accepted the offered drink and sighed his pleasure.

Last edited by Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Gurgi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:57 pm

"When you've been around as long as I have, you learn things. Regardless, I'm just drifting, this place has potential to be something quite unique, and I can't pass up on such an opportunity. I must say, treant, you are older than I might have expected, but I must say that it has been long since I came into this world, and it will be long yet until my time on this earth has passed."

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:59 pm

"Hmmm... I didn't mean to attract nearly so much attention... I don't suppose you brought me something as well?" He addressed his newest guest. "Hmmmm... Perhaps this tavern is going to have need of a patio. All its guests seem to prefer to stand outside its door!" Cyb chuckled at his own joke. Leaves fluttered down from his branches in twirling dance that reflected his humour.
Cybele
Council Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Gurgi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:04 pm

"If you don't mind." He leaned down, picking up one of the newly fallen leaves. He lifted it up to his face, and lit it on flame with his breath. He held it under his nose, inhaling the fumes. "Ahhh, truly an interesting story, yours. For now I think I will return to the inside, Cyb the treant." He walked back inside, twirling his cane as he went.

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top