Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Mokina on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:57 pm

Nomia City has encountered a serious problem. There's no food. Nobody's starved yet, but everyone's kind of subsisting on whatever they can grow themselves. The same construction merchant who passes through here every once in a while says he can bring in seeds and lumber. I propose we open the agriculture industry to council and individual player development.

Constructing a Farm costs 50 silver coins, plus an upkeep of 10 silver coins per week. Any player controlling a farm will generate silver coins equal to the number of Nomic citizens divided by the number of farms currently in play.

Depending on leadership positions created in the future, some players may be able to invest funds from the council's vault on behalf of the city. Construction of player farms must be on player-owned land, while city farms may be placed anywhere but the tracts.

All farm placement will be subject to existing and future cartography laws.
avatar
Mokina
Cartographer

Posts : 124
Join date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Cybele on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:05 pm

Vote AYE
avatar
Cybele
Council Member

Posts : 114
Join date : 2008-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:10 pm

Vote: Yes

However, I must say that as more people get farms 10 silver pieces may not be enough.
avatar
Pentadragon
Activist

Posts : 84
Join date : 2008-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Lord Gurgi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:24 pm

I would like a provision for the selling of a farm. This is to allow self correction should too many farms be built.

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

Posts : 48
Join date : 2008-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Snix on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:07 pm

vote yes
avatar
Snix
Housing Director

Posts : 55
Join date : 2008-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Mokina on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:09 pm

Pentadragon wrote:Vote: Yes

However, I must say that as more people get farms 10 silver pieces may not be enough.

I would like a provision for the selling of a farm. This is to allow self correction should too many farms be built.

I don't think there's anyone a farm can realistically be sold to. In any case, people won't build more farms if it isn't profitable to do so... unless they really hate all the other people who have bought them.

The 10 coin weekly cost will stack for each farm you own, so it will be self-correcting.
avatar
Mokina
Cartographer

Posts : 124
Join date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Lord Gurgi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:12 pm

Mokina wrote:
Pentadragon wrote:Vote: Yes

However, I must say that as more people get farms 10 silver pieces may not be enough.

I would like a provision for the selling of a farm. This is to allow self correction should too many farms be built.

I don't think there's anyone a farm can realistically be sold to. In any case, people won't build more farms if it isn't profitable to do so... unless they really hate all the other people who have bought them.

The 10 coin weekly cost will stack for each farm you own, so it will be self-correcting.
And if you fail to pay upkeep? Does it just blow up, disappear, or what? Why not have an auction, which will allow the resale?

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

Posts : 48
Join date : 2008-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Mokina on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:19 pm

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Mokina wrote:
Pentadragon wrote:Vote: Yes

However, I must say that as more people get farms 10 silver pieces may not be enough.

I would like a provision for the selling of a farm. This is to allow self correction should too many farms be built.

I don't think there's anyone a farm can realistically be sold to. In any case, people won't build more farms if it isn't profitable to do so... unless they really hate all the other people who have bought them.

The 10 coin weekly cost will stack for each farm you own, so it will be self-correcting.
And if you fail to pay upkeep? Does it just blow up, disappear, or what? Why not have an auction, which will allow the resale?

I imagine it reverts to city ownership.
avatar
Mokina
Cartographer

Posts : 124
Join date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:20 pm

Mokina wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
Mokina wrote:
Pentadragon wrote:Vote: Yes

However, I must say that as more people get farms 10 silver pieces may not be enough.

I would like a provision for the selling of a farm. This is to allow self correction should too many farms be built.

I don't think there's anyone a farm can realistically be sold to. In any case, people won't build more farms if it isn't profitable to do so... unless they really hate all the other people who have bought them.

The 10 coin weekly cost will stack for each farm you own, so it will be self-correcting.
And if you fail to pay upkeep? Does it just blow up, disappear, or what? Why not have an auction, which will allow the resale?

I imagine it reverts to city ownership.

Is Nomia a nation or a city?
avatar
Pentadragon
Activist

Posts : 84
Join date : 2008-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Mokina on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Is Nomia a nation or a city?

Nomia City would be the city-state as it exists right now. If we draw up a bigger map for the nation, we might end up looking at Nomia (as a nation) on a larger scale.
avatar
Mokina
Cartographer

Posts : 124
Join date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Pentadragon on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:24 pm

Mokina wrote:
Is Nomia a nation or a city?

Nomia City would be the city-state as it exists right now. If we draw up a bigger map for the nation, we might end up looking at Nomia (as a nation) on a larger scale.

AH, I see.

Thank you.
avatar
Pentadragon
Activist

Posts : 84
Join date : 2008-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  animorpherv1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:09 pm

vote:Yes
avatar
animorpherv1
Council Member

Posts : 111
Join date : 2008-11-04
Age : 23
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  pyrodwarf on Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:11 am

vote:yes
avatar
pyrodwarf
Activist

Posts : 74
Join date : 2008-11-07
Age : 31
Location : CA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  xelada on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:42 am

Yes

can it grow resources that the owner actually can sell/craft with?
avatar
xelada
Citizen

Posts : 14
Join date : 2008-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  HPew on Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:28 pm

vote: yes

HPew
Citizen

Posts : 15
Join date : 2008-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  chenhsi on Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:00 pm

Hmm... vote: yes

How many citizens do we have?

chenhsi
Committee Chair

Posts : 161
Join date : 2008-11-04
Location : CA, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Mokina on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:19 pm

chenhsi wrote:Hmm... vote: yes

How many citizens do we have?

At the moment we have 20. With the creation of additional houses, this will go up.
avatar
Mokina
Cartographer

Posts : 124
Join date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  animorpherv1 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Mokina wrote:
chenhsi wrote:Hmm... vote: yes

How many citizens do we have?

At the moment we have 20. With the creation of additional houses, this will go up.

When people get paid.
avatar
animorpherv1
Council Member

Posts : 111
Join date : 2008-11-04
Age : 23
Location : Right here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Mokina on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:25 pm

Each week, along with the farm upkeep calculation.
avatar
Mokina
Cartographer

Posts : 124
Join date : 2008-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Cybele on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:09 pm

xelada wrote:Yes

can it grow resources that the owner actually can sell/craft with?
Potentially. That can be decided with future propositions.
avatar
Cybele
Council Member

Posts : 114
Join date : 2008-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum